Red & Yellow Watermelon Napoleon Salad with Feta Cheese Ingredients
- Red Watermelon: 1/2 each
- Yellow Watermelon: 1/2 each
- English Cucumber: 1each
- Red Onion: 1 each medium
- Feta Cheese: 6 ounces
- Black Pepper: As Needed
- When purchasing watermelon try to buy seedless varieties.
- Slice watermelon into 1/2” rings, remove rind and pith.
- Cut watermelon into desired shapes circle, square, triangle etc. set in a pan so that the natural juices are collected. “Save watermelon water”
- Julienne the cucumber, red onion, and preserved lemon zest.
- Toss the julienne mixture with a little of the watermelon water and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the watermelon on the center of a plate alternating red and yellow at least three of each to form the Napoleon stack.
- Place the julienned salad on top of the watermelon Napoleon.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and then drizzle with more watermelon water serve and enjoy.
Lemons: 2 each
Kosher Salt or Sea Salt: As Needed
1) Wash lemons, from the tip of the lemon cut halfway through the lemon take some salt and rub it on the inside flesh. Pack lemons in mason jar completely cover the lemons in salt, push down so that the juices are extracted add more juice if needed. Cover and let stand at room temperature for three days. Then refrigerate for at least three weeks or until the rind softens. Make sure you rinse the lemons before use discard pulp.