WOW, what an event. It has been a few weeks since our WomenCook! 7th annual dining for a difference event and we have so much to be thankful for.
Our event was once again held at Temple Emanuel, a venue that is so magnificent. This venue provided the perfect place for everyone to experience the event, to share stories and meet new people while surrounded by incredible architecture of Colorado’s oldest Jewish congregation.
We were all touched by the speech from Karisha who with a lot of hard work and dedication has excelled since she completed the program with Work Options for Women with a series of promotions in a very short period of time.
Experiencing the carefully prepared dishes that our fine contributing chefs served up throughout the walk-around dinner brought on a choir of “WOWs” from the 500 attendees as they went from station to station. Dishes such as grilled slices of New York strip mounded on Parmesan-polenta crackers crowned with arugula pesto from Aniedra Nichols at Elway’s Cherry Creek, the Green garlic panna cotta with a spring vegetable fricassée from Crickett Burns at the Squeaky Bean or the Colorado lamb burger with goat cheese, cucumber rounds and hummus from our own chef Craig Dixon of Cafe Options were the topic of conversation between old friends and new friends at the event. Westword captured some lovely pictures of some of the dishes.
Huge thanks to our amazing chefs:
- Black Pearl – Kate Horton
- Elway’s Cherry Creek – Aniedra Nichols
- D Bar Desserts – Lisa Bailey
- Duo and Olivéa – Yasmin Lozada-Hissom
- Gateaux – Kathleen Kenny Davia
- Grand Hyatt Hotel Denver – Sandra Adams
- Jax Fish House – Sheila Lucero
- Johnson & Wales University – Marcia Kramer, Stacy Griest, Jamie B. Daugherty, Carrie Stebbins, Kristen Cofrades
- Panzano – Elise Wiggins
- Parallel Seventeen and Street Kitchen – Mary Nguyen
- Rioja and Bistro Vendôme, Euclid Hall – Jennifer Jasinski
- Squeaky Bean – Crickett BurnsCrickett Burns
- Work Options for Women – Stephanie Mitro and Craig Dixon
Of course we are very fortunate and grateful for our event sponsors including:
Our Sous Chef Sponsors:
- Bank of the West
- Shamrock Foods
- SLI GlobalSolutions.
Our Foodie Sponsors:
- Blue Sky Plumbing
- CBIZ MHM, LLC
- Dorsey & Whitney
- FreshPoint of Denver
- Gay & Lesbian fund for Colorado
- Gibson, Dunn, and Crutcher LLP
- Key Bank
- Pie Forensic Consultants
Throughout the night, we heard how the event truly helped to showcase what Work Options for Women is all about. It is through the support of our community, that we are able to help combat homelessness and poverty by providing unemployed women with the confidence and skills they need to become gainfully and permanently employed in the food service industry. Our contributing chefs serve as the role models for what women can become with hard work and support. Together we can make a difference, together we give women in Denver the opportunity to do wonderful things.
Thanks to everyone that helped make WomenCook! 2011 a great success.