Support Work Options for Women on Colorado Gives Day
On Tuesday, December 9, Coloradans will come together to support nonprofits like Work Options for Women for the fifth annual Colorado Gives Day. Thanks to supporters like you who believe in our recipe for success, we raised $15,567.33 last year to continue our mission to help impoverished women gain the skills and confidence they need to work their way out of poverty and become gainfully and permanently employed in the food service industry.
This year, our goal is to raise $15,000. With these funds, Work Options for Women will be able to:
- pay for three Denver area women’s entire Basic Culinary Job Skills Training.
- teach three hundred Advanced Culinary classes to WOW Graduates.
- send six WOW Graduates through our new Prep Cook Certification program endorsed by the American Culinary Federation.
Join the movement:
Tell your friends that you will be supporting Work Options for Women on Colorado Gives Day by
Schedule you donation today
- Go to our donation page and begin the donation process.
- After you enter a donation amount, click the button that says “CO Gives Day” underneath. (You will need to set up or login into a donor account to use this feature.)
- Complete the form as usual. If you get lost, watch the how-to video
WOW Executive Director Catherine Henry enjoys the festivities at Cafe Options
Colorado Gives Day has proved yet again what a community can achieve when working together. Despite some technical glitches on the GivingFirst.org website, the campaign drew in over $12 million, exceeding last year’s contributions by 40 percent. To accommodate those who had trouble processing donations, the Community First Foundation made the decision to extend the deadline 12 hours until December 7th at noon.
A generous $15,471 came in to support WOW programs. Cafe Options was bustling all day with complimentary treats, entertainment, and a live broadcast from 560 KLZ. Interviews included representatives from Work Options for Women, FirstBank, Rocky Mountain Center for Performance Excellence, The Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute, YouthBiz and Community First.
Making a donation at Cafe Options
While most donations came in remotely, some customers contributed directly from the computer kiosks set up at Cafe Options. Many loyal supporters and WOW board members stopped by the cafe to make donations and partake in the festivities . New customers pitched into the donations jar after hearing about Colorado Gives Day and the mission of WOW.
WOW thanks all those who participated in this fantastic community event. We’re already looking forward to setting some big goals for next year!
Donating to Work Options for Women on Colorado Gives Day, 12/6, is easy. Just follow the instructions below:
1) Go to www.givingfirst.org
2) Click on the green Donate Now button
3) Search for Work Options for Women
4) When Work Options comes up, click again on the Green Donate Now button (on the right)
5) Enter the dollar amount, click the box for Colorado Gives Day and any special instructions, then SAVE
6) Then go to checkout
7) Please Review your donation and then proceed to checkout.
8) You will need to sign up for an account by providing your email address and a password.
9) Go to your giving cart
10) Then proceed to checkout
11) Please enter your credit card and billing information
Thank you in advance for supporting WOW!
We are gearing up for the annual, Colorado Gives Day campaign on Tuesday, December 6th. This is a great 24-hour event to “give where you live” by making online donations to Colorado charities featured on GivingFirst.org. Anyone can participate in the fun by making a donation to Work Options for Women from the comfort of their home by visiting the workoptions.org or at Cafe Options.
Here are the details for the Giving Activities at Café Options:
Where: 1650 Curtis Street, Denver, CO
When: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
What: enjoy coffee and treats and celebrate a day of giving. Donate via kiosks in the Café.
What makes this campaign so special is that FirstBank has committed $300,000 to kick off the 2011 campaign. Additionally, the organizers behind Colorado Gives Day have introduced $1,000 Bonus Buck prizes that will be given out at least once per hour. A donor will be randomly chosen, and the nonprofit associated with the donation will receive the cash prize. Bonus Bucks are sponsored by local businesses that wish to support Colorado nonprofits.
So join us for a day of giving where you live. It is sure to be a great day for all of Colorado’s participating organizations. We look forward to sharing it with you.
Add the event to your schedule today!
We are excited to announce that Work Options for Women is taking part in an innovative giving campaign this year – Colorado Gives Day. The goal of Colorado Gives Day is to help raise $1 million in one day for Colorado charities!
As a profiled charity on GivingFirst.org, Work Options for Women will benefit from this initiative.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Donate online on Dec. 8th at GivingFirst.org
- Donate at Café Options kiosks at 1650 Curtis
- COMING SOON…schedule of events for Dec 8th
- 24 hours starting at 12 a.m. on Wed., December 8, 2010.
- Donate online at http://www.givingfirst.org and select Work Options for Women.
- Come to Cafe Options, enjoy some treats and donate through a provided kiosk.
- Colorado charities need your support.
- Giving online is quick and easy.
- Every donation received on Dec. 8 will be increased in value by an Incentive Fund.* FirstBank started this incentive fund with a $250,000 lead gift.
- 100% of your donation goes to charity
We appreciate your ongoing support.